BCN - Born
The Barcelona Zoological Park is located in the Parc de la Ciutadella, site after the Universal Exposition of 1888, and is known to have been the home of "Copito de Nieve", the first albino gorilla, who died in 2003.
In the Zoo of Barcelona, there are three areas of work: conservation, research and education.
The Barcelona Zoo has one of the most important animal collections in Europe. In the zoo, you can see all kinds of animals: kangaroos, zebras, elephants, bears, hippos ... the park is divided into different areas, such as the small primates, the farm and without forgetting the aquarama, the huge pond in that the dolphins do great pirouettes to amuse the public.
- open activities (included in the ticket price) for the whole family such as watching how they feed the penguins or observe the dolphins in their facility
- the farm (the Children's Zoo) where you can find different species of domesticated animals such as sheep, horses and goats, where children will have the opportunity to pet them
- nursing room located in the children's area of La Granja so you can enjoy a comfortable space in which to meet the needs of food and hygiene of your baby
- changers of diapers in many of the toilets, such as those found in the Terrarium, the Dolphinarium, the Aviary or at the entrance of Wellington Street
- children's games located in the central area of the Zoo, next to the installation of the Flamingos of Cuba. It has games adapted for children with reduced mobility. You will also find a playground for children on the Zoo farm
- lockers located in the Zoo entrances for large, medium and small suitcase
- medical Service located next to the entrance shop of Wellington Street, in the central area of the Zoo
- picnic areas, there are four zones enabled (look for your location on the map). And do not forget to use the recycling bins you'll find next to the tables!